2017 WILSON CARDIOLOGY UPDATE
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. PLEASE REGISTER ONSITE AT THE CONFERENCE. SEE YOU TOMORROW!
John N. Wilson, MD Lectureship in Cardiovascular Diseases
September 16, 2017
Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa
1300 Tuyuna Trail
Bernalillo, New Mexico
The annual John N. Wilson, MD Lectureship in Cardiovascular Diseases and Cardiology Update was established in 1985 in recognition of the extraordinary medical and humanitarian achievements of John N. Wilson, MD. The nominal registration fees are made possible through funding provided by the Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation and the Wilson Lectureship Endowment Fund. This program is designed for primary care, internists, family practitioners, emergency room physicians, advanced practice professionals, nursing, pharmacists and clinicians involved in the care of patients with cardiac conditions with clinicians primarily working in clinic and hospital settings. Total attendance averages around 250 and continues to grow.
Upon conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify new approaches to peri-procedural antithrombotic management in order to appropriately modify follow-up care.
- Integrate heart failure concepts and approaches within an integrated healthcare system into the practice setting.
- Differentiate between STEMI/NSTEMI and common heart arrhythmias to choose appropriate referral and/or treatment and follow-up.
- Recognize stroke symptomatology and appropriate interventions in the acute stroke setting to expedite early intervention.
- Identify new concepts in vascular interventional treatment modalities, electrophysiology cardiology, acute coronary syndromes, and antithrombotic management to optimize referral, follow-up and long term patient outcomes.
Disclosure & Accreditation
Disclosure: The Presbyterian Healthcare Services' Medical Education Department adheres to the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support regarding industry. It is the policy of PHS to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational programs. All participating faculty are expected to disclose to the participants any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations.
Accreditation: Presbyterian Healthcare Services is accredited by the New Mexico Medical Society (NMMS) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit: Presbyterian Healthcare Services designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Course Refund Policy:
The course tuition is refundable minus a $25.00 processing fee, if your cancellation is received in writing no later than September 7, 2017. Attendee substitutions are allowed, but notification must be made in writing by the Tuesday prior to the course. After this date, under no circumstances will refunds, credits, or substitutions be granted. No refunds or credits will be given to no shows.